For the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of various skin diseases, we have a various assessment and therapy modalities at our disposal. After an initial doctor-patient discussion, which generally includes a head-to-toe checkup, we define the further assessment and/or treatment steps with you.
- Clinical blood tests and bloodwork on various skin diseases (especially with systemic diseases which involve the skin, collagenosis or autoimmune dermatosis)
- Microscopic and microbiological detection of fungal skin infections
- Wood lamp examination for various skin diseases
- Cryotherapy (localised cold treatment with liquid nitrogen) for the treatment of numerous skin afflictions, mostly for treating sun-damaged older skin (dark spots), actinic keratosis (pre-cancerous conditions = pre-stage non-melanoma skin cancer), and also warts
- Reflected-light microscopy (dermatoscopy) with the possibility to save digital images of pigmented moles (skin cancer prevention), as well as digital recording and image storage of skin diseases for better follow-up care
- Small biopsies for histological examination of pigmented skin changes, benign or cancerous skin tumors and miscellaneous inflammatory skin diseases
- Immunofluorescence specification in biopsies, mainly when an autoimmunological illness is suspected
- Acne testing
- Skin diseases in children
- Assessment of hair loss, including blood withdrawal and the possibility of a trichogram (microscopic analysis of the hair follicle)
- Bandaging and care of ulcera cruris (venous ulcers) until healed, if need be including arranging in-home care by Spitex
- Dermojet injections (needle-less syringe) of medicine for various skin diseases, particulary for warts
- Intracutaneous injection of corticosteroids into keloid scars
- Determination of various sexually transmitted diseases, as well as diseases of the outer genitals
- Acne treatment according to severity with topically applied, medical-grade creams, systemic antiobiotic treatment, hormone therapy or Isotretinoin (vitamin A preparations)
- Light therapy (phototherapy) for the treatment of various chronic dermatitis afflictions such as psoriasis, eczema, lichen planus etc.
- Skin diseases in childhood, such as atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema), Molluscum contagiosum (water warts), viral rashes etc.
- Hair loss
– Substitution of deficiencies
– Topical treatment to promote hair growth
– Hormone replacement therapy (female patients)
– Systemic Finasteride therapy (male patients)