Specialist for Dermatology and Venereology FMH (Foederatio Medicorum Helveticorum)
- Medical degree, state examination and dissertation in Basel
- Forensic medicine at the Gerichtsmedizinisches Institut in Basel, Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. O. Jakob
- Internist at the Spital Breitenbach, Dres. med. H. Zeugin und F. Rappo
- Chirurgie plasticien et reconstructive, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux, Prof. J. Baudet
- Spital Aarberg, Dr. med. Christian Klaiber
- Clara Spital, Basel, Prof. Dr. med. Peter Tondelli
- Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universitätsspital Zürich, Prof. Dr. G. Burg und Prof. Dr. B. Wüthrich
- Zürcher Höhenklinik Davos-Clavadel, Prof. Dr. med. Wüthrich
- Establishment and (former) direction of the «1. Schweizerischen Hyperhidrose-Sprechstunde» at the Department of Dermatology of the University Hospital Zurich
- European Consultant for Botulinum toxin treatment in hyperhidrosis
- Founder und since then president of the SGEDS (Swiss Group of Esthetic Dermatology and Skincare)
- Vice president of the ESCAD (European Society of Cosmetic and Esthetic Dermatology)
- Founder of the first Swiss Hyperhidrosis Consultation at the University Hospital Zurich (USZ) und continuation in the Praxis Methininserhof.
- Establishment and direction of an aesthetic-dermatological consultation with the development of various aesthetic therapeutic procedures
- Development of the dermatologic tumor surgery, with implementation of aesthetic reconstructive flap surgery techniques. Establishment of a dermatologic surgery consultation.
- Posterpreis Schweiz. Chirurgischen Gesellschaft, Lugano 1995, for the paper «11 Fälle von analem M. Bowen»
- 2nd Professor Hans Storck Scientific Award 1997, with mit C. Akdis et al.
- Ärztegesellschaft Baselland
- SGDV (Schweiz. Gesellschaft für Dermatologie und Venerologie)
- SGEDS (Swiss Group for esthetic Dermatology & Skincare)
- DDG (Deutsche Dermatologische Gesellschaft)
- EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology)
- ESCAD (European Society of Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology)
- AAD (American Academy of Dermatology)
- E. Zunft zur Safran
- fmCh (Verband chirurgisch tätiger Ärzte)
- SGLM (Schweiz. Gesellschaft für Laser Medizin)
- IACD (International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology)
- ISDS (International Society of Dermatologic Surgery)
After studying medicine in Basel, Dr. Kreyden obtained his primary and continuing surgical education until, right before obtaining his specialist title, changing to the specialist field of dermatology. During his training as a specialist in dermatology at the University Hospital Zurich, he closely studied the (back then) little-known Botulinum toxin as a method of treating excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). He founded the first Hyperhidrosis consultation in Switzerland, and directed it for many years.
Upon opening the Praxis Methininserhof near Basel, he increasingly began to apply himself with dermatological subareas of dermatologic surgery and aesthetic dermatology, in addition to classic dermatology. Here, Botulinium toxin is used to smooth expression lines, hyaluronic acid is used as a filler to replace volume in static lines, as well as lasers and skin peels. Dr. Kreyden has published umpteen scientific papers in the field of hyperhidrosis and aesthetic dermatology, is a published author and a regular, sought-after speaker at international conventions for aesthetic dermatology.
He is a regular instructor at workshops and training courses in the field of aesthetic dermatology, both nationally and abroad, and is a member or board member of various international associations. In 2008, he founded the Swiss Group of Esthetic Dermatology and Skincare (SGEDS) und has been president of the association ever since. In 2007, he received the «Who-is-Who»-Award for his scientific work in the field of dermatology and aesthetic medicine, and has been listed ever since.
In 2014, Dr. med. Oliver Ph. Kreyden became Presiden of ESCAD, the largest European association for aesthetic dermatology. Under his chairmanship, the association is being profoundly reorganised and modernised.