Specialist in Dermatology & Venereology FMH
After studying medicine in Basel, Dr Kreyden undertook surgical training and further education until he switched to the field of dermatology shortly before his specialist title. During his training as a specialist in dermatology at the University Hospital in Zurich, he dealt intensively with the then little-known botulinum toxin in the treatment of increased sweating (hyperhidrosis). He founded the first hyperhidrosis clinic in Switzerland and managed it for years.
After opening the Methininserhof practice near Basel, which later developed into the Kreyden practice clinic, he increasingly dealt with the dermatological sub-areas of dermatosurgery and aesthetic dermatology in addition to classic dermatology. In this activity, botulinum toxin is used to smooth facial wrinkles, hyaluronic acid as a tissue filler for volume replacement in static wrinkles, lasers and peelings. Dr Kreyden has published numerous scientific works in the fields of hyperhidrosis and aesthetic dermatology, is an author and regularly invited speaker at international congresses for aesthetic dermatology.
He is a regular instructor at workshops and training courses at home and abroad in the field of aesthetic dermatology and a member resp. Board member of various international societies. In 2008 he founded the Swiss Group of Esthetic Dermatology and Skincare (SGEDS) and has chaired this society ever since. In 2007 he received the “Who’s Who” award for his scientific work in the field of dermatology and aesthetic medicine and has been listed ever since.
In 2014 dr. medical Oliver Ph. Kreyden President, ESCAD, the largest European society for aesthetic dermatology. Under his presidency, the company will be profoundly restructured and modernized.
In 2021 the International Peeling Society (IPS) chooses Dr Kreyden as the new President. The IPS supports doctors worldwide in the use of chemical peeling. Dr Kreyden introduces the IPS Online Academy, which serves to train members through webinars.
General medical training
- Medical studies, state examination and dissertation in Basel
- Forensic Medicine at the Forensic Medicine Institute in Basel, Dr Dr dent. O. Jacob
- Internal Medicine at the Breitenbach Hospital, Drs. H. witness and F. Rappo
- Chirurgie plasticien et reconstructive, Center Hospitalier Universitaire, Bordeaux, Prof J. Baudet
- Aarberg Hospital, Dr Christian Klaiber
- St. Clara Hospital, Basel, Prof Dr Peter Tondelli
- Dermatology and Allergology, University Hospital Zurich, Prof Dr G. Burg and Prof Dr B. Wuthrich
- Zurich High Clinic Davos-Clavadel, Prof. Dr. medical B. Wuthrich
- Development and former management of the 1st Swiss hyperhidrosis consultation at the dermatological clinic of the University Hospital Zurich
- European Consultant for botulinum toxin treatment in hyperhidrosis
- Founder and since then President of SGEDS (Swiss Group of Esthetic Dermatology and Skincare)
- Vice President of ESCAD (European Society of Cosmetic and Esthetic Dermatology)
- Founder of the first hyperhidrosis consultation in Switzerland at the University Hospital in Zurich (USZ) and continuation in the Kreyden practice clinic.
- Founding and management of an aesthetic-dermatological consultation with the development of a wide variety of aesthetic therapy procedures.
- Expansion of dermatosurgical tumor surgery with implementation of aesthetic reconstructive flap techniques. Establishment of a dermatosurgical consultation hour.
- Poster Prize Switzerland. Surgical Society, Lugano 1995, for the work «11 cases of anal M. Bowen»
- 2nd Professor Hans Storck Scientific Award 1997 together with C. Akdis et al.
- Baselland Medical Society
- SGDV (Swiss Society for Dermatology and Venereology)
- SGEDS (Swiss Group for esthetic Dermatology & Skincare)
- DDG (German Dermatological Society)
- EADV (European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology)
- ESCAD (European Society of Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology)
- IPS (International Peeling Society)
- AAD (American Academy of Dermatology)
- EE guild to the saffron
- fmCh (association of surgical doctors)
- SGLM (Swiss Society for Laser Medicine)
- IACD (International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology)
- ISDS (International Society of Dermatologic Surgery)